Saturday, July 2, 2011

Movie review: Dylan Dog: Dead of the night (2011)



What to say about this movie?
I am a big Dylan Dog fan. I still remember being ten years old and stealing my brothers comics and looking particularly for Dylan Dog. I remember having nightmares after wards, dreaming of zombies, dead people and all the rest.
Why was I so impressed with Dylan? He was a young man investigating crimes involving supernatural (at that time I was a big fan of everything unusual…well, I am still XD), handsome, a little clumsy and always in love with strange women.
When I heard they are filming movie, I was happy, but I knew it could never be something as great as the comic itself.  As I expected- so it was.
Plot is not so unusual for Dylan Dog. Elizabeth`s father was killed by werewolf, so Dylan was called to help. Dylan is at the time in retirement and working some stupid jobs.  He refuses the job, but after wards his employee Marcus was killed by a zombie. After that he starts to investigate both crimes. After that his employee rises from the dead and becomes zombie. They visit werewolves, vampires, zombies and fight Belial.
Effects are good, acting also. But I’m little disappointed with Dylan. I expected someone more interesting for this character. I really don’t find this actor as sexy as Dylan should be. Something is wrong, I can’t say particularly what, but it followed me through the movie.
Movie is not bad. Dylan, zombies, vampires, werewolves and Belial, but we’ve seen it all before. I think there are more interesting stories involving Dylan that should be filmed. They could read a few comic issues and write a better script.  Dylan deserves that!
It is also clear that the budget for the movie was low. Huge Zombie was really funny and Belials costume was not so convincing.
I can`t say is this movie worth watching. If you are a fan, you will get pretty much pissed. If you are not, give it a try. There is nothing wrong with it, but it`s nothing special. And Dylan….Dylan is always special….

I give it 5/10

Director: Kevin Munroe
Cast: Brandon Routh, Peter Stormare, Sam Huntington, Taye Diggs, Anita Briem




written by Lydia Skellington (ana_marija77@net.hr)

0 comments:

Post a Comment