Friday, November 7, 2014

Game Review: The Cat Lady





The Cat Lady is a psychological horror graphic adventure game developed by Remigiusz Michalski released on December 2012 in English. It is an indie game made using Adventure Game Studio
 First, I must say that this is a game you either love or hate. I think there is no middle way here.  I don’t just like it- I love it.


In this game you play as character named Susan Ashwort, a chronically depressed, middle-aged woman with no friends- except maybe just cats. 


Now- if you want to play this game- STOP here. This is a serious spoiler alert.  You don’t want to spoil yourself fun of playing this game.

The game starts with your suicide. Yes- a suicide. You end up in a limbo kind of place where you meet the queen of Maggots that offers you a job. Well- we can call it a job. You must kill some parasites. That’s how she calls some people that really deserve to die. She brings you back to your old life and now you are immortal. Parasites can kill you, but- you will be back!
So- what are the things I loved the most about this game? Well- I would probably say the story line. It is absolutely fantastic. The whole idea behind the game, all the things that happen to Susan, her friendship with Mitzi, all the deranged people that she kills in the game and of course- music.
I was playing this game for hours and never had enough of it. I can’t describe how I felt in the end of the game when I first saw colors, because you are constantly playing in black and white world, with occasional drops of red. If you have suffered from depression in the past this game will hit you hard. If you wanted to know how a suicidal person feels this game is like walking in her shoes.
If you like deep and emotional games- you should try this one.

First  40 minutes:
Check out my whole walktrough on this link:  The Cat Lady Video Walktrough

 

Rating:
9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment